1. Denbrain is so tired she almost typoed “story of a snog" here. She does not know if that is a cussy word for kissy-kisskiss behavior in the accent-y countries. And she is done being accountable for stuff this week so she’s just gonna keep on typing.
2. A Xondorian songstory will come out like weridos would tell it.
3. really shouldn’t put the link to song! ;) cuz it is for #andedric’s song cycle and there is a big reveal at his listening party of all the songs tonight.
4. There were tiny rumors flying about that Duality might be having sad times. This is not the Queso. Thing was that Joebrain had a Computer Issue once again that was Frustrating and Horrid… and no one bothered to tell Denbrain of Xondor that for 5-7 days she was going to experience..
D: What, Joe?
J: The People do not want to hear about whether or not the Minstrels are trashing hotel rooms on their world tour.
D: They don’t?
D: [tilts head] but.. but you talk about TMI stuff to people all the TIME on the internet, and everyone LOVES you!
J: that’s because I am Master of SongFu, Den.
D: oh…. [kicks rock]
J: also.. [bigcheezygrin]
D: I know, I know.. Amy Grant.. *sigh*
6. So, THWARTED by physical ailments of Unnamed Source and a Lack of Robotic Cooperation, Joe and Den tried and tried.. but could not make the little engine go.
7. Meanwhile Den wrote reams and reams of lyrics. And Joe picked out a lot of Denpiano tracks and wrote lots of stunner guitar parts. Maybe they are lost in the ether. Maybe they are not. Joe has a good memory.
8. At the 11.9999999999999999999999999999999th hour, Den made a decision based on several Factors:
a) she was not going to do a Denise Hudson track when ~Joe’n’Den~ had promised a Duality one. It offended her senses of both logic and superstition. And Den ALSO had lots of good Joe material lying around.
c) she was being inconsistent, confusing, and stroppy (another LOOOOONNNG boring story that shouldn’t even go on a blog. TMI turkey!!! Also ‘stroppy’ is a Joe-word. I think it’s Comical.) :)
d) Den had lyrics she liked and that fit. The lyrics mean this, conceptually:
What would I say if I wrote a letter from the future, back to the past? Well, a lot of people ask me things in my present …for things, about things… I look back to the past and realized much of the time, people do not listen - they , they are going to do what they want now, so what difference would it make coming from the Supernatural Future?? Maybe being honest about That Fact would help.
9. It turned out that Joe COULD participate after all. He provided 2 tracks of electronica that I had been working on, a controversial guitar track that I put in which he told me not to (aside: he was right about that. That’s where I screwed up the levels the worst! Proving the point of the song by trying to get it how I wanted and making clutter. Got the cool strum thing tho :)
I also got him in on some phrases that fit the tune from two past songs about one theme. It was an appropriate theme, a theme about the marriage of Bluebeard to women who went willingly into a dodgy situation - perhaps knowing and ignoring the sneaking “ulp” feeling that something was Awry.
*”Would it be me?” ; “It does no good to remind me” ('Keys and Lies' from Lies; which was a huge SongFu FAIL on my part. We are going to rework it though.. because my husband likes the beginning phrase.
*”I already know” Joe sings this in ‘Something Very Horrible (“Bluebeard’s Lament”). It’s why I chose a ridiculously parenthetical title for this song (I’ll tell in a later post).
10. It would have been My Way to wait and see what he said and be all nervous about it. Because it was a weird thing to do. Plus, I HATE my vocal track. So this time I MEANT to bury it in the mix a little. Joe doesn’t like it when I do this, a fact which has been Widely Discussed (ironically, concerning Bluebeard 1)
So that is my longsongstory. It’s not a good one, and it’s a long one. But it has been a Not Good and a Long Week. Nonetheless, I wanted to meet the deadline and get a song in. I am doing Nur Ein as a solo and trying to make songfights. This is one of my goals for the summer. One of the many…
*Rest assured that we are fine and we are still working on Projects. Just slower now.
I think, given all the circumstances, we’ve done well and become very good friends. I am lucky for that. Joe has been very kind to work with after what has been a hard road for Denbrain.
PS. I too have REALLY learned the point of this song, this week. It’s not as easy to be a good listener as some folks make it look. :)
PPS. Rumors of Joe’s death have been exaggerated. Straight from the Joebrains.. uh.. brain…